September didn’t exactly end the way we ever thought it would. An electrical appliance fault resulted in a house fire in our beautiful home causing severe smoke damage throughout the house. The past week has been extremely difficult and we are still coming to terms with everything but I thought given our current situation it was even more important that I wrote about the things that brought me joy in September, to remind me of those small but yet very special moments which help shape us and our days <3
1. Spending a day being the biggest kid ever skipping around Disneyland Paris.
2. Queer Eye marathons cosied up on the sofa.
3. An iced latte at our favourite coffee hotspot.
4. Eating a cheese toastie for lunch 3 days in a row mmm mmm.
5. Sunny autumnal days – my absolute favourite.
6. Leopard print in the shops – 100% on my shopping list.
7. A fresh cut and colour at the hairdressers.
8. Richard Madden in the Bodyguard, hello.
9. Exploring Paris in the sunshine – you can read all about it here.
10. Laughing out loud on the train whilst listening to the Guilty Feminist Podcast – got some funny looks oops.
11. Seeing my best friend Rosie for a Wagamama’s date in London.
12. A weekend of full of giggles & prosecco with the girls at Lorna’s hen do.
13. A moment of peace sat by the river.
14. Fresh washing – you don’t realise how much you rely on a washing machine until you don’t have one.
15. An afternoon spent showing our gorgeous goddaughter the sights of Leeds.
16. Gin and tonic – I’ve drank a lot.
17. Two pizzas and a bottle of prosecco for £20 at Waterlane Boathouse – have I mentioned alcohol?
18. The kindness of friends, family, neighbours and insta friends <3
19. My new Oliver Bonas dress – can’t wait to wear it.
20. Matt <3
Here’s to a new month, a new start and moving forward!