Oh I’ve missed these posts! I started them back in January after being inspired by Sophie Cliff’s ‘finding the joy in everyday’ project and I thought now would be a good time to bring them back. August started without many plans but turned into a pretty lovely month. Here are 20 things that brought me joy!
1. Taking our little goddaughter to the park and seeing her cheeky smile when on the swings.
2. Catching up with old workmates.
3. Watching St Vincent at the Leeds 02 – it was a pretty amazing set.
4. The new season of Suits – I wish I had Donna’s wardrobe.
5. Homemade curry and a catch up at the parents.
6. One of my closest friends getting engaged – there are going to be plenty of celebrations next month!
7. 20% off ASOS (oops)
8. A long walk with friends and a very cute dog around my favourite place, Bolton Abbey.
9. A lazy Saturday morning doing absolutely nothing!
10. MAMMA MIA 2 – no explanation needed.
11. Brunch at our favourite local cafe.
12. Spending time with Matt pottering around the house – gardening and making home improvements.
13. A ‘date day’ visiting our favourite beer haunts in Leeds.
15. Great British Bake Off returning to our screens.
16. New book purchases – I’m all ready for cosy evenings on the sofa under a blanket with a good book.
17. 3 visits to Bundobust in one month. Think I may need a break….
18. An afternoon spent in Manchester with friends and gin.
19. A girly evening planning our Disney trip over yummy food.
20. Watching Manchester Pride – all the glitter, music and happiness.
I hope you had a fantastic August! I must admit, I am very happy for autumn to arrive and are totally on board with jumpers and scarves coming into the shops. I have some pretty exciting plans for September including a girly weekend away so I’ll be sure to tell you all about it.
Thanks for reading x