So apparently it’s now March? Not that you’d think it after the freezing cold and snow the past few days! I’m writing this on a Sunday evening and I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve been in pyjama bottoms, a hoodie & my unicorn slippers allllll day. The snow has definitely scuppered plans but a weekend where we have been forced to be in the house has ended up being a welcome opportunity for a clear out which has left me feeling much more organised. I am however 100% ready for sun, spring & daffodils and excited for my birthday month…
I really enjoyed writing last month’s 20 things that brought me joy inspired by Sophie’s project #findingthejoyinjanuary and have found myself re-reading several times so I thought I would make this a monthly feature 🙂 February ended up being a very busy month full of celebrations which was the perfect excuse to see all my favourite people and looking back on the month by writing this post has made me feel very happy and grateful indeed <3
- Playing tourist in London – I found myself with a few hours spare in London at the beginning of the month and enjoyed a sunny time exploring Camden – an area I had never visited before.
- Finally getting my hands on a baker boy hat – I’m just going to pretend I can pull it off.
- Receiving a galentines card in the post – thanks Phoebe!
- Being the first in Waterstones on a rainy Friday morning – nothing makes me feel more content than a wonder around a quiet book shop.
- Treating myself to a manicure for the first time in nearly a year – red nails really do help you feel like a girl boss.
- Puppy cuddles – enough said <3
- Hosting afternoon tea for my best friend’s birthday – love a good buffet.
- Coming home late on Valentine’s Day (after a long day working) to Matt having cooked me a special meal & a bottle of wine waiting on the table – what a keeper.
- Ordering a new pair of ASOS jeans – ASOS Ridley’s ftw.
- A visit to my favourite local bakery – because everyone needs a hot chocolate afternoon treat.
- A Sunday morning spent walking around Bolton Abbey – I’ll never get bored of that place.
- Spending the weekend with my best friends celebrating Umisha’s hen do – 15 years of friendship and counting. I bloody love them to bits!
- The house looking pretty in the snow – it’s still a bit of a novelty seeing our house in the snow.
- A lunch time spent at Pintura with my mum & godmother – so much tapas mmmm.
- Buying a new notebook from Paperchase – they don’t call me the stationery queen at working for nothing.
- A cold but sunny walk & takeaway coffee at Albert Dock – to help with the hen do hangover.
- Watching Franz Ferdinand live at Leeds 02 – 15 year old Sarah would be SO happy.
- Surviving one of the busiest weeks of the year at work – very proud to deliver a week long festival and be part of such a wonderful team.
- Cocktail making at All Bar One – turns out that nowadays all it takes is two cocktails to get me tipsy.
- Tasting the new Cloudwater ‘Birthday’ DIPA – it is bloody good.
See you next month 🙂